www.chilliwave.com

Wifi Network Distribution and Billing Server
It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

Cool... I edited the to-do list above to reflect the things that Loren has banged out and I have tested today and verified to be done and fixed and working..

The only 3 things remaining on that list are

Idle-Timeout
Add Trusted User
Search Button does not work

Everything else is done in such a way that it is at least usable, and the fixes are non-invasive enough that I am confident this has not crashed any other functions of the system..

The add trusted user will not pose any risk to the stability and the search button fix will certainly not pose any risk, but the Idle_Timeout function could be another story, just because of some unforseen "weirdness" that we might encounter when we turn it on..

Hmmmm.... We are close to having this nailed down... This is perfect because it allows us to separate the BW quotas and mac authentication issues as an animal all of their own..

Anyway, that list above is just the list I gave to Loren.. My list was 2 pages long and all of those things are fixed and tested also.. You will see all kinds of little changes throughout the system that I sifted through..

Everything from fixing the remote desktop to COMPLETELY debranding any reference to wifigator out of the customer experience.. And I took out the gold and green colors all throughout, including on the pay buttons.. I put the scheduled reboot setting back in the advanced router update menu.. I turned back on the buttons so you can turn on mac auth if you want to... and a whole lot more..

I will have this coming out by tomorrow at the rate we are going..

Very good...

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:46 pm 
The ball is in my court, last goal, I will get rst_ccd's stuff going in the next release, see my comments on the previous page. Not so easy but will be done, even though I really don't understand it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:28 pm 
Just a note about mac auth, currently sputnik has it, but the first person to log in with it allows all other users on that node to log in free and clear because they auth the router and not the users laptop.

We have more to do but we are ahead of the game because our mac auth is limited to the laptop used.

For every other providor, mac authentication is a broken thoery and we are on the cutting edge to making it work.

We want....

Mac auth or username/pass, single use, multi use, bandwidth quota and/or bandwidth limit up/down, idle time out etc.., -

This is a programmers worst nightmare to combine every combination of this into a paypal and ticket plan.

I want to do this but how do I set this up so that it is not brain damaging confusing (programming this will be a b@#$)

I want a plan with a bandwith limit of 56k down and 25k up with a total of 600 meg cap that is good for 60 days but the user can (start/stop or one time use) their time.
Now I want another time plan that doesnt have bandwith limits but cuts off after 600 megs of total download.

Cheers, need your feedback. (back to insanity for awhile, it feels so much easier)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:15 am 
Site Admin

Loren.. Just FYI.. I fixed up the archive user page and fixed the broken images links and rolled it up into an update, so this is what I am going to put out for this round.. You can do the merging of the files you are speaking of in the next round.. It is working fine for now and there is enough to plow ahead..

Thanks for getting that stuff done.. I am rolling up the new DVD and seeing if I can make an online update for this now.. So we are going to make a break point here and put this out like we have it now..

#4 server is back online for you to work with and I have extracted all of the code and the DB out of it.. I have a snapshot of it from last night, also..

You are clear to have at it for whatever you want to do next..

Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:56 am 
hi guys,

sorry been behind the eightball a bit ... great to hear it's of some use. ..really like the idea of better interface.

yes.. the archive was mainly for the Feds internal and external, Chester & Barney as well as curiosity/housekeeping/entertainment and self-indulgence . Initially i wanted to keep Radacct clean, alot of scripts run thru all the entries in here, slowing things down.... also had allowed Online Users to show 200 rows and evn so it soon filled, i have the Username with ability to ascend/descend (as it was originally) but with too many old entries, not all usernames were displayed. So mainly used archive to tidy this up, so as to list all 'current' users. Also liked to keep a track of old records to determine returnable customers etc etc...
I had no purpose to 'restore' .Prbably what i'd do is have a seperate script to view the old backup databases if the occasion called for it... other than that, would just use Webmin/PHPMyAdmin in Radius. i guess the other factor was the magical '$total' at the bottom of Billing History...be sacriledge to delete if the table got too large!! ...just couldn't do it!!..so now we have it in the archive ..and can relish in the golden $totals of days gone by!!

Not sure about 'radlookupnas' haven't played with 3.3.X (whre i suspect it resides). but if it had user details, sure would do no harm. i didn't bother with radcheck/radreply in archive, as these were more authentication rather than user details, but could easy be included if the need was felt for it...

Really like the "2147483647" Y2K bit!! Gotta be a classic..

i just had a re-occurring disaster the other day...whereby the multi seconds wasn't "2147483647" but "1234358677" which for me, threw Lightning's script way out of kilter.... i don't know if anybody else experienced this.. but i'll toss this in, in case somebody fells in the same hole as i did..

Making this adjustment in delrecords.php (actual changes are in green)
$usrq = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM radacct WHERE AcctSessionTime = '2147483647'")
to:
$usrq = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM radacct WHERE AcctSessionTime > '2592600'")

and also likewise change this line:
$delq = @mysql_query("DELETE FROM radacct WHERE AcctSessionTime > '2592600'");

As it appears the multi second blitz is always a huge amount, i.e 1234358677 seconds amounts to 36 years, i thought it quite safe to assume that nobody would have a single legitmate session of 1 month (2592000 seconds),so this adjustment deletes any AcctSessionTime that is greater than 2592600 (1 month & 10 minutes). With any luck, this cleans up any multi-million secs that radius is going to throw at us...
You can adjust the seconds value to suit if need be.

Hope it helps.. & you guys r doing awesome job!!

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:45 am 
rst_ccd,

I have the archives in a yy-mm format. You can use a previous archive point or create a new one, also has the option to ignore entering a month if you want to just go by years. I will have this update soon and will just be a file replacement.

Chuck has all kinds of new goodies and he sounds like he is in a hurry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:47 am 
Site Admin

rst_ccd... If you do not have a copy of the 3.x.x DVD, then you are definitely getting one for this input you have provided here.. I will send the links when the new DVD is uploaded and ready...

I will modify the delrecords.php according to your suggestions here before I roll up this update..

Thanks for your help on this.. These upgrades make a HUGE difference in the actual usability of our system, and this solves the complicated time issues that a novice user would never be able to figure out.. Now it just won't happen and they will not have to worry about it..

This will be a big update because it is probably the most usable build we have produced to date..

Thanks again,
Chuck

Last edited by Chuck D on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:51 am 
Site Admin

Loren.. I am not in a hurry.. I am looking at it from a breakpoint issue where I know this works right now.. I have tested it and it works, and all of the functional issues are fixed and the updats are in place..

If you want to keep banging through the list, I will gladly hang in there and keep rolling it in.. I have a good breakpoint set now and I can hold on it and keep pushing the new code from today in and testing it.. If it doesn't break, then awesome.. I am all about it..

No hurry.. I will hold to see what the day produces and see what to do.. We will be talking, I am sure..

Last edited by Chuck D on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:22 pm 
well done. A much better approach, i must say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

Lightning.. Here is the little diddy that I wrote to run the delrecords.php in a loop

First I made a file named "delete_records.sh" and put it in the /var/www/admin/ directory..

Then I put this code in there:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Code:
#!/bin/bash
sleep 600
while [ "forever" ]
do
wget -O /tmp/delrecords.php http://localhost/admin/delrecords.php
rm -f /tmp/delrecords.php
sleep 300
done

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I edited this file:

/etc/rc2.d/S99zmacfile

and I added this chunk of code to the top of it...

Code:
cd /var/www/admin
./delete_records.sh &

The "&" means to run the script in the background...

Now this is built into the system and it will run for everybody starting 10 minutes after reboot and every five minutes after that...

BADDA-BING... BADDA-BOOM..... no more Y3K!!!

Just thought I would share how that worked with you for your intellectual consumption...

Take care,
Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

rst_ccd... I have done your modification... But with one difference to your numbers... I made the time be "34560000" seconds, which is 400 days... This way someone can issue a ticket for a year and it will work.. The other number would have locked the system down to a maximum of one month globally.. (and I did catch the part about the ">" instead of the "=" sign.. definitely makes more sense.)

That is a very good find right before I put this out.. Awesome.. that only makes sense, and it is done..

thanks, you da' man...

Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:27 pm 
Thanks Chuck, that's awesome...

I've been meaning to get into the firmware building. I'm going to try build one with pre-sp2 version that has usb support. I'll let you know how it goes..

Lightning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:00 am 
Thanks Chuck ... i got 3.3.X a few weeks back, but must confess ..it's still racing round muh platters ...waiting for me to burn it off! The latest release sounds really cool.. be in for it! i'm still running a modded 210, finding it was easier grafting in any 3.x.x features i liked into the 210 system, rather than redoing the whole thing over. It's one of those self induced traps ya fall into.. Too much ...fiddle..fiddle!!
Prbly to do the major upgrade once network is established and myselfs stabilised! The "34560000" seconds is a great idea, that should keep evrybody happy. Thats the beauty of it.. a little tweak here and there makes a huge difference... got the sterods Loren ..lokking good with touchup & better 'user friendly' front end..

Lightning.. had setup your delrecords.php with cron as you'd suggested earlier, and it ran ever so perfectly.. it was quite a buzz to kick back and not having to worry about it!! Then for some reason, in the height of bliss... it hit me agian, must be my karma or somthing.. but this time it only took a moment and a few keystrokes to sort it out as you'd done all the hard work! Very much apprieciated, think it's nailed this time. With Chucks 400 day change ...i reckon it would sail along quite nicely

cheers
rst_ccd