www.chilliwave.com

Wifi Network Distribution and Billing Server
It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Customizing Hotspot Pages
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:34 pm 
Hi guys -
I'm actually a marketer, rather than a techy. I'm good with windows and Mac OSX, but horrible when it comes to Linux. On that basis, I need to create a voucher login function, with MAC authentication (I have a web developer that will handle the cosmetics etc). The pages that the customer actually sees (captive portal) needs to be fully customized and branded....

So.... to adapt the functionality side, looks like I'm learning PHP.

When I login to WinSCP, where should I start with customizing the user-displayed pages? i.e. which directories and files should I be playing with?

Cheers
Scott

Chuck's answer found below.. Here is a link to the video..

http://auth1.ilovemywimax.com/downloads ... _howto.avi

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:06 pm 

you can setup the routers to redirect the users to a different page(of your choosing) and have that look any way you want it. then you just leave a link on that page to the login page and that is where they actually log in.

if this is not how you want to handle this you would have to start on hotspotlogin.php but I will say that there is alot to mess up in there.

Yes, I'm a PC and I run great on LINUX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:11 pm 
Thanks for the quick reply Steve.

Ideally.... I need the front page to be fully branded with just a simple 'voucher login' field and submit button. (checkout www.isurf.co.nz for my non-working design).

When the user presses the 'verify voucher' button, a 'terms and conditions' popup appears and then the customer starts surfing.

Using an extra link, they can purchase a voucher using paypal...

In which directory on the server would I find hotspotlogin.php?

Cheers
Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:30 pm 
Also - forgot to mention that my goal is actually only to have ONE NASID for this server.....

- 20 open-mesh hotspots within close proximity of each other, all connecting to the same captive portal
- Prepaid vouchers are to pre-printed and sold via retail
- 5 different packages can be purchased online via the captive portal and PayPal

Cheers

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:24 pm 

the hotspotlogin.php is located in the var/www/ folder.

the problem that you may have with your setup is the fact that chillispot needs a username(vouchers) and password. let me play with a hotspot page and see what I can make thats close to what you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:31 pm 
Thanks Steve.

If I extract only the necessary 'functional code' from hotspotlogin.php and place that in an external page (with all of the branding etc) , would that do the trick? I assume I'd just need to change the UAM URL to reflect the usage of the new page for logging in?

Cheers

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:25 pm 

look at some files in on your server.
http//:yourip/wifi/
that is a sample that chuck put in there for what you can do with the system.

I still don't think that you can setup what you want with chillispot. you will need to make a few adjustments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

This is a deep subject, Steve is right...

the hotspotlogin.php page is global to the entire system.. You can change its overall style, but that is done with a multitude of files interspersed throughout the web directories...

The basic main files that have to do with it are anything with .css as the extension and inc-top.php and inc-bottom.php... Those draw the basic outline around the top and bottom of all of the pages..

What Steve is proposing is that you keep the rebranding of the landing page to a minimum and build a "homepage" to sit on top of the landing page instead..

This "homepage" can be built by your programmers with any customization that you want with no trouble at all, and that page just needs to have a link on it somewhere that takes people to the "landing page" where the pay buttons are..

That is the theory... Watch this to learn more..

http://auth1.ilovemywimax.com/downloads ... _howto.avi

So if I made a subdirectory called /var/www/sleepinn/ and made that be my "uamhomepage" and also added any other relevant sites linked within that homepages walled garden, such as advertisers that I also have links to in those pages all throughout there, then I would be able to have my own full blown php web page built from scratch by the web developers with no restricitions and no knowledge of linux..

Just put the web files into your own new directory in /var/www/ and load it up.. And then just repeat this process over and over as many times as you like..

I hope that helps..

Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:50 pm 
If you need a page after entering name/pass look at the source, it may be complicated but can be done (I think).

here's the theory, before it does the meta refresh, echo out the terms and get rid of the meta refresh, note the query string after the question mark in meta refresh, replace both meta refreshes with a clickable continue link and point the link to hotspotlogin.php?this=that etc... after the .php paste in the ?querystring from the refresh.

This acts like the refresh but makes it a clickable link.

Play with it, back up or rename hotspotlogin. to test with a seperate router.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:29 pm 

Hi all
I have a questions,I dont see in my server MX ,the same menu administrator to show chuck in the video above.

Monitor Heartbeat --> click MAC--> Configure Access Point is different the menu that appear.
thanks
sorry x my english
thanks

Post subject: hotspotlogin.php
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:40 pm 
Could I create a different hotsptlogin.php for different NASID customization in the mxserver?
hotspotlogin1.php > AccessPlan1.php > buy1.php - etc.
just to avoid losing changes in case of upgrade.
luc

Post subject: HTML code on Loginpage
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:09 am 

Hello,

I am not sure my post is right in here 8)

Is it possible to enter a HTML-CODE, example a BLOG or NEWSWRITER from my website, inside the landing page ??

I dont know to much about PHP, that´s why :oops:

This is good for report messages on all of my hotspots at the same time, or maybe there´s another way I am not knowing ?!

best Andy

Post subject: Re: Customizing Hotspot Pages
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:48 am 

On the same note, judging by what Steve is saying:

When a user connects to a hotspot i can redirect them straight to http://www.mydomain.com then in there have a tab setup saying "connect to the web" which will be linked to theaddressofmysever.com/hotspotlogin.php then go from there?

Thanks Guys
Attila

Post subject: Re: Customizing Hotspot Pages
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:47 am 

yes, you can.

Post subject: Re: HTML code on Loginpage
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:12 pm 
i-hotspots wrote:
Hello,

I am not sure my post is right in here 8)

Is it possible to enter a HTML-CODE, example a BLOG or NEWSWRITER from my website, inside the landing page ??

I dont know to much about PHP, that´s why :oops:

This is good for report messages on all of my hotspots at the same time, or maybe there´s another way I am not knowing ?!

best Andy

Hi Andy,
We use the 'adlink.html' page edit by pgariepy (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1720&p=16728&hilit=adlink.html#p16728). We edit it and add our initial support comments in there, several free sites to access and ads or apps that also have access without login. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done. In one such a hotspot adlink mod we added a locally installed Wordpress blog too.

Best of luck,
Johan