www.chilliwave.com

Wifi Network Distribution and Billing Server
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: paypal account issue on slice server
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:28 pm 

In a hotspot I created on the slice VPS server the Current Hotspot Paypal Account is set as gamers12345@hotmail.com...
I did not set that up...

I have setup the correct information under "setup paypal account" and the billing portal through paypal works from my hotspot and doesn't reference the gamers account.

What is up with this Chuck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm 

the gamers account is an account that chuck setup for testing. you can remove it after you setup your account in the system. It has been that way since the beginning.

Yes, I'm a PC and I run great on LINUX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm 

It is just a bug that has been pointed out previously. Just log into the individual hotspot admin panel and change it there. Gamers123 is the default in the system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:41 pm 

i have changed it in the individual hotspot... and it is working with my acount, but it still shows the gamer account, and I can't find anywhere to remove it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:42 pm 

are you using a single slice vps or a full server?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:44 pm 

go to WiFi Utilities and down to "Manage PayPal Accts" you can delete it there.

Edit: Answer Steves Question First!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:07 pm 

ok.. thank you.. under the admin account..

full server

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

He has the full slice account.. He started out with a single-spot account and then upgraded to the full VPS server.. What I think happened is he is still running the firmware from the single-spot server and his routers are not even talking to his full slice server because the routers do not have the correct firmware flashed into them..

I think he got that message already from the other thread on this, so we should know shortly if this is the problem.. I logged into his server and checked it out and it is just fine and all of the firmwares are built correctly and I even checked the firmware file structure to make sure that it did in fact build it correctly.. and of course it is correct..

So from what I am hearing him say, I am thinking that this whole issue is as simple as not having the correct firmware for that slice server flashed into the routers.. as soon as that happens, I think it will take shape..

I know he understands the system because he had it going on the single spot, but now it is just a matter of getting your mind wrapped around the full, global concept of the enterprise system versus just being the site owner of a single spot..

Ojai... Tell us where you are now with all of this and I am going to personally take this over and make sure this gets online tonight or in the morning.. I know your system is working correctly, so it has to be some very simple thing being overlooked..

Don't feel like the lone ranger either... lol... This is how we all cut our teeth on this stuff... Once you get past this hurdle I think it will be smooth sailing..

Plus, even though it seems quiet on the development front right now, it is not... We have some really big time advancements about to be released that we have all been waiting a long time for and will make a big difference in various aspects of this system... Bandwidth quotas is one example.. That will be out by this weekend, finally..

So this is a good time to be getting your feet wet, and if you are into the CCTV security cameras at all, we have some really big things coming out in that regard that you will want to check out..

AND THERE IS SOME EVEN BETTER NEWS THAT I AM DYING TO TELL YOU AND I KNOW ALOT OF YOU WILL JUST LOVE TO HEAR...

but I have to wait and just build the suspense for a few more days and then we will go live with it...

Take care.. I will check back and see where you stand and we will take it from there..

Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:01 pm 

Awsome Chuck! I am excited about the big news.... I am definately understanding everything more and more as I dig deeper... I have one router up and on the heartbeat... I built another firmware via the "create new access point" under ezgator... but It hasn't showed up on the heartbeat yet... it is supposed to automatically connect to the gateway AP right?

Thanks again.

- Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

Wait... Your firmware is actually already built, because you have a slice server that I preset the ip address to be the correct one when I set it up in the beginning...

click on EZGATOR / IP ADDRESS DOMAIN NAME

You will see the address of your server there.. You can later replace that with a domain name if you assign it to this ip address.. But for now, your firmware is already built..

I suggest you go into your ojaibroadband hotspot by clicking on:

WIFI UTILITIES / MANAGE HOTSPOTS

Then click the EDIT link to the right of your ojaiBroadband hotspot...

Now you are in the site owner page that is equivalent to the single spot you used to have, only now you can make unlimited numbers of these hotspots..

Now create a new firmware in this site owner page with the gatorspot.bin firmware builder that is at the bottom of the site owner page under one of those blue bars..

download that firmware and start with that.. That will be a no brainer and the firmware will be auto-configured from the start...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other firmware that is built and downloaded in the super admin control panel is a little different... That firmware is called "ezgator-prep.bin" and it will make the router show up in the heartbeat monitor, but it will not yet be configured... Once it shows up in the heartbeat monitor, click on the mac address of the router and it will ask if you want to configure this router.. click yes to continue and another page will pop up that asks what you want to set this router's ssid to and the other things you can set it up for..

Then it will give you an option to view the "Advanced Router Configuration" menu where you can set even more functions if you would like, including sending raw bash scripts to the router's command line and having the router run those custom commands..

This super admin control is what we had first, but when we came up with the single spot accounts, we decided we needed a preconfigured firmware, so we built that firmware builder in the site owner page..

Now we just have both... I thought it best to leave both approaches in there and people can do things the way they want to do it...

You can use the gatorspot.bin firmware and then go over to the super admin control panel and click its mac address and still send remote updates out to that router... Once you do that, the router will dump all of its preconfigured settings it had before that were very generic, and now it will adopt your specific settings in detail...

Let's see if that explanation gets some traction...

Good job so far.. Stick with it and we will get past this.. I am sure of it..

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:29 pm 

got it... so the router I flashed with the prep file wont automatically connect to my working gateway AP that is on hearbeat? I should flash it with the gatorspot.bin and it should auto connect when not direclty connected to the internet?

I have designated hotspot.ojaibroadband.net to my slice server.. and have set that url to redirect to my website if accessed directly through a web browser... http://hotspot.ojaibroadband.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, then now go put that hotspot.ojaibroadband.net into your ip address / domain name tab of the server and it will rebuild a new firmware yet again.. You want to do this now because at a later date if you ever decide you want to download this entire slice server to your own local server, you will be able to just change the ip address tied to that domain name and the entire system will move right over to the new server..

And the ezgator-prep firmware will find the other routers of ANY variety.. That is one thing about this system.. All routers and all firmwares, no matter how you build them or configure them, they will still be able to find each other and they can also find the server to heartbeat home to it, so something else still has to be wrong there..

All I can think of at this point, knowing that you have indeed flashed the routers with the new firmware from the new server, is that the routers simply have not been factory reset to make all of these new firmwares take effect..

This system is fully automated, but it all hinges on doing the factory reset after flashing them, at least one time, in order to get the scripts all aligned inside the router.. Once that all happens one time, then you will see it all hook up..

Definitely login to the web interface of each router and do the factory reset there under ADMINISTRATION / FACTORY DEFAULTS....

I am pretty sure that is all that is going wrong.. That is all that really can be wrong..

I bet that is all it is.. I will check back to see..

:idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:37 pm 

So I have finally got around to re-flashing the routers. I created a new firmware via the hotspot I created on my full slice server. I re-flashed the buffalo router I have... I verified it took the new firmware... I reset the router to factory defaults after flashing the router via tftp, I renamed the SSID and plugged in my wan static IP. This router shows up on the heartbeat. I reflashed a asus router with the same firmware.... did a factory reset next, and then made sure it was on a different subnet than the buffalo. I plugged in a new user name and password after the factory reset as it requested on the first logon. It is not plugged into a gateway, and it is not showing up on the heartbeat nor connecting to the buffalo wirelessly... suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:05 pm 

if it is asking for a new username and password the it is not flashed with the gator firmware. log into your admin panel, go to the ezgator tab and click on the read me first link. download the gator prep firmware and reflash the router. factory reset the router and give it about 15 minutes then chech for a heartbeat. set it up from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:56 pm 

the prep file is the one I origionally used.. random problems... I don't get it.. anyways, I downloaded another gatorspot bin file since you mentioned the password thing Steve.... reflashed the routers, it didn't prompt me to redo the passwords... Great I thought.... plugged the wan info into the buffalo, did all the correct steps... still didn't show up on the heartbeat.... then I decided to setup the asus as the gateway and the buaffolo as the repeater... I did this and it worked... WTF.... what ever, at least it is working... I have 3 more asus routers coming to setup as repeaters.. we will see how that goes...

Thanks for the TIP Steve.

- Jon