www.chilliwave.com

Wifi Network Distribution and Billing Server
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Online Help
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:15 pm 

This has bugged me for a while where people cant connect for whatever reason and I have a contact form on my hotspot pages but when I email them back they have no internet so they cant receive my reply. Anyway I've been looking for an online help desk solution that doesn't charge a monthly fee and I finally found one. http://www.livezilla.net/downloads/ It is easy to setup and gives you live online support for your customers and when your not available it sends an offline message to you that you get when you log back in. I haven't set this up yet for individual hotspots but it should work that way if you create a different installation folder and database for each hotspot.
Heres how you set it up.
First download and install on your windows box.
Then create a database and user on your server/slice for the helpline to use.
Then go to the server admin in the Start>"All programs" menu, select "create a new livezilla server" Go thru and fill out some usernames and stuff and when you get to the ftp part change to "extract to local system" and create a folder to extract the files to. Then upload that folder to your servers web directory somewhere. I put mine in the www/sites/hospotname/ directory so I can try setting up different individual helplines so hotspot owners can provide their own support.
Once its uploaded go here and change the permissions they list. http://www.livezilla.net/faq/index.php? ... ermissions .
You then fill out the info for the database tables with the user and password your created in phpmyadmin. Click create tables and then validate before proceeding. Once thats done you then go back to the server wizard and select link generator at the bottom.
Copy the code and past it in your landing page.
This is the bit where I'm having problems. Some of the code is displayed on the landing page if I paste it in directly from the "edit landing page" under hotspot admin but it still works. Anyone know how to insert the code in there with out that happening? Apart from that this is a way cool addition and its free 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:49 pm 

Pretty slick, trying it out now. I've been using Joomla on my page with a built in private message system and just link people to that. This would probably be a better solution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:31 pm 

Wow, This is awesome. Thanks Webtron.

As far as coding showing up on the page I'm not seeing that. I choose the non javascript option, said something about ebay style pages and I removed the link to the providers website. When you copy it in the hotspot editor I had to open the editor again and save before it showed the icon. If I log in on windows and then check the page it shows I'm Online and it works like it's suppose to.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if I browse to the /sites/hotspotname section the LiveZilla page pops up and one of the options is to download the server profile. Should that be something I worry about? It would seem that even if someone downloaded the program and had the livezilla software they would need the username and password to do anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:51 pm 

Cool I tried the other non java option and it works a treat :D
Not sure about the download profile page when you browse the folders but I'm guessing you cant do anything without the password and username. I tried from a laptop thats connected via the wifi but it doesnt let me do much with out the program installed on it. I'll test some more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:00 am 

I'm testing out this geotracking thing. I set it up and it's showing the google map but when I go connect with my laptop for testing the map is not showing the user. This will really help people out if configured correct. Now I won't have to figure out how to get a message back to someone using my Joomla message system, plus like you said we should be able to create multiple servers in each page. The only thing I would be concerned with is giving someone the ability to push mysql related stuff to a server, wonder if you can just set it up and then make them a non admin user so they can't alter anything server side?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:01 am 

I triedd it with the client installed on the laptop and you need to know the username and password to be able to connect to it and see anything. All it lets you do is add it to the client software but your locked out. sweeet :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:48 am 

We need the javascript option if we want to monitor and push chats etc to the clients so has anyone got any ideas how to get this in the portal pages cleanly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:14 am 

Guess I need to try it again, but I thought for sure it was working. I know I receive the message when i'm logged in and the page comes up with the chat window for the client. Some options seem turned off but chatting back and forth works right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:17 am 

Yes the basic chatting works but all the other features need the javascript.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:15 am 

Wow...cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:26 pm 

That's how i did it:

I used this trick: http://wifigator.com/gatorforum/viewtopic.php?t=1720
I have it in place anyway and pasted the code for the live support in the adlink.html

This way I have full Java support available.
You can use the adlink trick just to display the Live support of course.
A per Hotspot is also no problem.
Since the adlink.html is a separate file all kind of code can be injected there. Thanks again to pgariepy for that nice idea, I really like it.

Hope that helps someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:56 am 

I'm not sure has anyone attempt this before or possible to implement into the hotspotlogin.php page/hotspot manager gui. I'm not a web designer so I won't know much about it.

Example;
Once a user connected to your hotspot, the captive portal will display the welcome message, and the user's "Mac Address". If the user require assistance/help, he/she will require to input the Mac Address into a box at the captive portal page, click submit and it will bring the user into a chat conversation. The user then can leave a message for the support to see.

Even if the user disc and connect back to your nasid hotspot, aslong he/she reinput the correct Mac Address (this work as a reference), it will retrieve whatever the messages convo is between the user and the support.

As for the support there could be an added interface/menu in the MX Gui will indicate; new message, date received, blah blah.......

Here is an example, Ive used this before on my windows based apache server, works well thougg;

http://downstairs.dnsalias.net/dll-bin/ ... n&folder=d:\www\root\dll-bin\

The chat/shout box can be downloaded of here http://downstairs.dnsalias.net/cgi_applications.html

BTW this d00d create some l33t cgi apps/php works. Check it out, could be useful 8)

Wae Hun.