www.chilliwave.com

Wifi Network Distribution and Billing Server
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Email Username on buy.php page
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:25 am 

How does everyone setup their username variable on the Buy page?

I've tried just a plain username but it always says the username is available, even when it exists. If they go through to PayPal and pay, the existing username is overwritten with the new password. I can't see any point setting it up like that.
Is the buy.php page supposed to check the database on the fly when a username is typed in?

I've decided on username as their email address and choose own password.
Seems the best chance of customers remembering their login and keeping the usernames unique.

Has anyone had any problems having username as email?

Marc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:19 am 

I've used email names since day one and made it required. I've noticed version 4 is not set to prevent the same name from being used. It would be better if the name could be used again only after the old name expires or runs out of time. So far I've counted on the email factor keeping people from using the same name.

What I mean is, if someone choose tom as the username and purchased one month time, then another user selects tom and selects one day he just jacked the other guy's account and now I have a big problem on my hands.

Even with email, I've had people buy time and not remember they had time left and buy more using the same email. This then overwrote the last account and started them out again, in this situation I don't really care so much as nobody really complained yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:54 am 

Hi Fosterchild,

OT, Did you implement this script for the multiple logins / users reporting they are online when they are not?
http://bisagunsara.blogspot.com/2007/03/stale-wifi-sessions-and-simultaneous.html

If you did please could you flick me a copy of the relevant pages you changed. Thanks a stack!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:56 pm 

I haven't yet because Loren is hot on a fix. I was worried that link would mess something up so I'm waiting to see what Loren is up with. It sounds like his fix is even better then the one at the Link and will make everything work smooth. Until then I just manually go into phpmyadmin and plug in a date and time with the drop down calendar on sessions that I'm positive are stale. I don't use multi use account yet so I don't care about people losing time. Loren sounds like he has came up with a way to calcute when the time should have ended and plug in the number so this will be great for people that do use Multi Use.