www.chilliwave.com

Wifi Network Distribution and Billing Server
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Redirection loop
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:09 pm 

I tried to search for this with no luck, sorry if its a dup/wrong forum/etc.

I used to be able to login with my splash pages perfectly every time. I could login a little while ago with a user/pass that I created a batch of. After I used the user/pass NASID, this problem started to happen.

Whenever I attempt to login using the user/pass NASID, or a splash page NASID, the UserName and Password variables seem to be auto filling with my previously entered username and password, which have now expired. I'm never prompted to log in again, it just constantly refreshes the redirecting page with a new Challenge GET variable for each refresh.

I've tried clearing all browser history, changing the name for "form1", and even played with the javascript to append a nocache=Math.floor(Math.random()*1000) to try to stop the UserName/Password from auto filling.

I went into hotspotlogin.php and placed a few die() statements, and it looks like the redirection happens somewhere in include("inc-hsl.php");. This file is looks to be ionCubed however.

Has anyone seen this before? Am I missing something important? Thanks for any tips!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

I see what is going on.. this has to be version 4.0, because MX would not do this because the dead users are purged from the database and put into archive tables..

Click the MONITOR ONLINE USERS tab in the wifigator control panel and find that user that had that mac address assigned to them.. There is a little square icon to the left of the username in that list on that page.. Click that little icon and you will get asked if you wish to archive this user.. Select YES...

Let me know if it works after you do this..

Chuck

Last edited by Chuck D on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:35 am 

If I archive the user, the loop stops, thanks![/quote]

Post subject: oh
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:40 am 

oh :D

Last edited by brianc on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:18 am 
Site Admin

Well, then you can either write a script to purge it on a schedule or you can upgrade to MX.. I see no reason to go back and change the 4.0 program.. I only give that out to people who simply cannot get ahold of a 64-bit cpu for some reason..

The real answer is get a 64-bit cpu motherboard and install MX on it and graduate from the 4.0 program..

There are HUGE advancements in MX, which is why we took our time putting it out.. 4.0 is just a throwback for people who are still stuck in the hardware stone ages, and bringing that program up to speed or developing it any further simply does not make any business sense at all..

You should have a copy of the MX program, so get the proper hardware to run it on and load it up.. Then you will not have this issue.. The other option is to write a bash script to handle this and place the launcher for it in the file:

/var/www/admin/delrecords.sh

That will run every five minutes and execute whatever you insert into that code..

Chuck

Last edited by Chuck D on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: oh ok
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:24 am 

Right you have moved on I'll figure it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:28 am 
Site Admin

Works for me... Good luck with that..

:wink: