www.chilliwave.com

Wifi Network Distribution and Billing Server
It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Change language in TinyMCE
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:14 am 

Hi,
has anybody changed the language in the Tinymce when editing the Hotspot page. I loaded a set of new french language files and entered "language : "fr", // change language here" in the tinymce part of the admin/index.php but it just reverts to the variable names and does not find the translation. When I change the "fr" to "en" everything works great in English . Any ideas would be a great help,
thanks
Chris

Post subject: Re: Change language in TinyMCE
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:12 pm 

Maybe http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/Tin ... nguagePack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:00 am 

Hi,
thanks for that.Those are the instructions that I followed. I loaded the language pack and placed the line "language : "fr", // change language here in" the admin/index.php but it does not seem to work. It is obviously picking up the command because when I return it to "en" instead of "fr" it work in English. I was hoping somebody had already been through the pain and had some tips. I will redo the whole thing and see if I get any joy,
thanks
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:01 am 
Site Admin

I am following along here, but I do not have an immediate answer for the issue.. Just watching and learning..

Chuck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:55 am 

Hi, just an update. I have loaded the language files as detailed in the Documentation. I have loaded Swedish and French to make sure there wasn't a problem with the language file. I have added a line- language : "en" , to the admin/index.php here- ?>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="./b-edit/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
tinyMCE.init({
language : "en" ,
mode : "textareas",
theme : "advanced",

This works when "en" is included but if I replace with "fr" or "sv" I just get the variable not the translation. It seems there is some other configuration that holds the timymce to English as the default. It would have been a nice touch to make the tinymce operate in French for my french system but it is not the end of the world. If anybody suceeds with this in the future I would be pleased to hear the solution,
thanks
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:54 am 

Hi,
amazing what you can achieve on a wet Saturday. The problem is that we are using tinymce version 2 and the language packs on the tinymce site are for version 3. I found a set of version 2 for french on the web and anybody who wants them please pm me. If you require them for any other language the best way to get them is to rip them from a Joomla 1.5 pack which has been localised to you language. I don't expect it will apply to very many people but I hope it helps,
Chris