www.chilliwave.com

Wifi Network Distribution and Billing Server
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to get Repeater working with WDS ??
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:24 pm 

Hello,

anybody knows what to do to get a D-Link or TP-Link (brand doesn't matter) working together with open-mesh networks? The thing is I need to tell the hotspot node (Ubiquiti device with open-mesh firmware) the repeaters MAC address to allow to repeat it's signal. Since the open-mesh firmware has no or only a very small webinterface I don't know how to do it... I have a hotspot antenna with a Bullet2 on the roof of my shop but inside the signal is very weak of course.
Anybody here who could help, please ?

BR,
Thomas

Post subject: Re: How to get Repeater working with WDS ??
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:41 am 
Site Admin

Thomas.. One way to do this, according to what you say you need to accomplish here, is you whitelist the mac address of the d-link router as a user.. Just create a new user using the mac address of the d-link as the username and "password" as the password.. I am not sure if this will really work though.. It will definitely open up the local wifi signal on the d-link router and it will not do authentication after this is done, if that is an issue for you..

The best way to go about this is to connect the d-link router to the WPA private signal coming from the bullet on the roof.. You can use client bridge mode on the d-link, which should be included in the factory firmware, and connect it directly to the private ssid of the bullet and use the proper WPA key and it will work nicely..

This will create an expanded private network inside your house..

let me know if I am not understanding or something and I will help you with this...

Chuck