www.chilliwave.com

Wifi Network Distribution and Billing Server
It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Usage based vouchers ?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:11 am 
Hey guys,

Can the Enchilada be set to create usage based vouchers instead of time based vouchers ?

ie

100Mb voucher
1024Mb voucher

??

thanks

shawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:33 am 
Site Admin

At this time it gathers their bandwidth usage statistics, but it does not shut them off based on that, but it would not be hard to make it do so.. just another thread for this forum, such as this thread right here..

It has an extensive ticketing system, so that would be a cool option for tickets..

If you end up getting the DVD, I will help you figure it out right here like we do all of this other stuff..

Thanks for joining us..

Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:45 am 
Hey Chuck,

Thanks for the reply !!

I am on the verge of obtaining the DVD, But i just want to find out about the features and modifications..

Currently i have a system that doesn't seem to come close to the Enchilada !! but uses usage based vouchers.

Here in South Africa bandwidth is very expensive and thus we use vouchers for usage and not time.

Another question, how difficult ( or easy ) would it be to configure a different payment gateway ? PayPal doesn't allow us here in africa to withdraw the money into our bank accounts !!

Lastly, can the enchilada system be setup in a virtual server, that i dont have physical access to ?

Thanks in advance !!

Shawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:32 am 
Check this thread

Bandwidth Throttling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:43 am 
Yeah Awesome, i actually found that post, although i'm not too sure what exactly "QS SysOp" means. is this a standard build of WDE ?

Is there a hosted demo of WDE for me to have a look at all the features ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:02 am 
SysOp is old school.

SysOp: "System Operator" aka Administrator

Sorry for the demo-

none yet

but I'm currently building a post right there to explain all the features included(In the WiFi accounting part. All the other softwares (e.g. phpTraffic, phpMyAdmin, A2Billing, VTiger...) are also included

check it up here:
http://oregonmicroscience.com/hotspotfo ... .php?t=767

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:29 am 
Site Admin

VPS installation.. Yes, no problem.. We have VPS's available as an option once you own the DVD and we host it all, if you like, and set it all up for you..

As for other pay systems, I am actually looking at google pay now and this will be coming soon..

Fire away with anything else you need..

Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:35 am 
Thanks chuck,

Im looking at hosting it locally in South Africa, as local bandwidth is 100 times cheaper than international bandwidth ( This is Africa :shock: )

I read somewhere that there you have some sort of installation script ?? ..!! :D

Is it necessary to run the WDE in a gui linux environment ? especially in a vps environment, i would imagine that it would perform better without the kde desktop etc etc.

Thanks for your help, its a HUGE job deciding to migrate an existing system and user base, i really want to make sure i ask the right questions now .

shawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:41 am 
Site Admin

Well, of course the VPS systems do not have a desktop, but this system is not bogged down by the desktop anyway, because the billin gstuff is not bandwidth intensive.. This machine rocks and rolls with very little resources..

The phones are what require cpu power, ram and bandwidth the most.. The wifi hardly moves the meter on the server resources monitor.

The thing is, if you want to install this on a VPS besides my own slicetoast VPS system, then I need to run my secret script on it and set t ewhole thing up from scratch, and it will ony work on a debian VPS foundation, and it takes me awhile to do it, but I can easily be hired to do that, but it will be a little extra, depending on how messed up the system is that you want it installed on..

You still have to own the DVD though before we really can do anything, including quickstart or VPS or whatever..

Basically, you buy the DVD and onc eyou own that, you own the software.. Now if you want to buy add-ons from mack or have me install it on some other VPS and all of that can be worked out at that time..

we do it all the time though, so jump right in there and you will soon discover that the money is really for this time we will spend with you, more than for the sofware..

As you can read in this forum, we take each person by the hand and help them with the entire setup, so this is one of the main reasons we ask for the $99 donation..

Talk to you soon.. I will be around all day..

bye for now,
Chuck

Post subject: Usage based vouchers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:18 am 

Are usage based vouchers available yet?

Otherwise what are the various options for in the prepaid tickets? Especially the bandwidth quota field for?

And what is the multi use for

I'd like to create a prepaid ticket so someone can only download 20Mb and gets cut off when they get to 20mb. Also, they must be able to log in again until they reach 20mb. Is that possible?

Brigitta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:38 am 

yes set the time limit for a week and the quota at 20. Their session ends when the 20 MB is used or a week goes by.

Post subject: Vouchers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:04 am 

Thanks so much