www.chilliwave.com

Wifi Network Distribution and Billing Server
It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: how to change the page look?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:34 am 
Can some one give me a step by step on how to customize the verbiage and pcitures on the page that I land on when I enter my ip address or URL into a browser? i.e the one that says :Welcome To The Whole Debian Enchilada!
Click Here go to the Debian Enchilada Software discussion forum.....

This page is a work in progress and I will add to it as time goes on, but this will get you to the software download and discussion forum so you can get your business up and running right away!

Thanks for stopping by...

Chuck DeJarnett - Oregon MicroScience

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:29 am 
Site Admin

That file is

/var/www/index.html

You just change that to your own index.html or index.php and that will be your page now..

/var/www/ is the root web directory that people will go to when they enter your domain name directly...

Just replace that index file with your own web page index file and you will be good to go..

Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:23 am 
You rock Chuck!

Wow! I did it! :o I have shared with you that I don't consider my self highly technical especialy when compared to some of the guys on this forum.

But this is easy enough that giving me that simple step by step, even I can make the changes that I need to this system! I love it! :D

Thanks!

Post subject: Drop in Joomla
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:09 pm 
Try copying Joomla into the root of /var/www. Create a database using PHPmyadmin, then do the install of Joomla. Then find a cool template. That will give you a very nice Content Management System to promote your new busines with.

Richard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:16 am 
I'm gonna' ask some questions that I know are on a few other guys minds. I'm sure Joomla is not that tough to install and get going but ..... to eliminate scouring google for "joomla install on debian or ubuntu" ...... could I talk one of the more experienced guys into posting a quick "How To" for it ?

ie -

Downloading joomla w/ wget cmd in putty
creating the php database
running the joomla install ....

then - how to access it ...

I betcha' this post might even get stickied.

Sry to be such a noob - but for some of us .... a little push can go a long way .... Thanks for listening!

-S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:23 am 
I would just download the zip file, unzip it and winscp it to root (www).

With phpmyadmin create a database.
I don't know joomla but this would work one of two ways. It may have an install directory, if so just point your browser to it and fill in the host which is localhost, the database name. the user name and password. when you submit the form it will poulate the database.

the other option will be editing a config file with the same info as above and you will find some kind of .sql file, in phpmyadmin go to import and browse for it and hit go, this will poulate the database.

It's actuall quite simple. I always keed a local copy for testing and customizing.