www.chilliwave.com

Wifi Network Distribution and Billing Server
It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: User Account stuck online
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:39 am 
I'm having an issue with a user account that seems to be stuck logged on. The user tries to sign in but it fails. In the admin portal I can see the account listed as logged on. Short of deleting his account and creating a new one is there any way to log the account off so he can again have access?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:48 am 
The solution is to up his simultaneous logins. I've had to do this a few times on my network.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:51 am 
Site Admin

Read the thread that fosterchild posted call "radwho radwhat?" and I think you will find the answer..

Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm 

I'm sorry guys but I'm still having trouble with this issue. Some users have logged in hundreds of times without issue but others are getting stuck. At least a couple calls a week come in from ppl who say their account ended early but what really is happening is this simultaneous logons problem. The only thing I can do for them is delete their account and create a new one with the same time they had left on the original. I only have a "Mini Spot" so with out root access i don't have the ability to even investigate. I have read all the posts i can find dealing with this but haven't found anything that helps. I have read that after 10 min of inactivity the session should time out but these ppl are still stuck after days and days. The only thing i can think to do is delete all the accounts and recreate them all manually with 99 sim logs but thats a pretty weak solution and i bet someone would still find a way to break it. Pls help me out guys!

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:43 pm 

MAC Authentication would likely solve the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:12 pm 

In all my forum trolling I haven't read that Mac Auth is ready for daylight... Is this feature really supported now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:47 am 

@BlackDog

I feel your pain as I recently had a user account I needed to terminate and received mixed results is some of my efforts to get them logged off and not allowing access to the remaining days (payment had been refunded - they had not read my TOS).

Please describe your network... what kind of equipment are you using, firmware versions, gateways, repeaters, dashboard used - if any, WiFi Gator version.

Lets see if we can get to the bottom of this issue - I know many others here have experienced this too, in one way or another.

Quote:
Read the thread that fosterchild posted call "radwho radwhat?" and I think you will find the answer..

Thanks Chuck - I have not yet studied this writeup and will do so.

Sully

Last edited by Sully on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:28 am 

I've read the radwho post and have been looking at this also. Mainly because I don't like having to supply all these simultaneous connections to get around an issue we really should try to address. Radwho doesn't show me logged in but radlast does so I'm not sure whats going on there. I found this in my searching and it looks like it could be the answer to automate this but I haven't tested it.
http://bisagunsara.blogspot.com/2007/03 ... neous.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:28 am 

To manually log the users out you can go in to phpmyadmin to the radius database> radacct table and change the acctstoptime to the current time and date. I realize you cant do this blackdog because your only on a single spot account so we need a button.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:55 am 

Thanks for the replies. I'm now going though the process of setting all accounts to 99 sim logs because the phone won't stop ringing. I have to say I'm a bit frustrated with the whole thing now...

Anyway I'm using a single or "mini spot" and i would assume its the newest version. I have Asus routers with gator-spot firmware built from my mini spot. There is a router acting as an AP which gets an IP from a cable modem and the rest of the routers are repeaters using the AP as their uplink. Everything has been working well except user accounts just don't seem to timeout correctly or possibly at all.

Edit-
So I deleted all the accounts and added them back in with the appropriate time left. It took a while as I had to research each username to find the seconds remaining per the "monitor users online" page then do the math to come up with the minutes to add to the new account. Everyones all set now but man what a headache and I know its still not solved...

Last edited by BlackDog on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:54 am 

radwho is no longer in play, it's down to mysql only. I pointed out that things were getting out of whack running both at the same time.

Now the problem I have remaining is sometimes people show up as 0's on the stop time yet they have logged out or timed out. They will then log in again and then maybe log out later, but the 0's are stuck in there so the system thinks the user is online and shows yes as online.

I'm not sure if the system is actually counting down the time, but I think this bug is what's causing issues. I thought it was just me, but if you look at your monitor user online list and then click on manage user and get to where you see the start and stop time you'll see what I mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:09 am 

Thanks for the response Foster. I can't look at what your talking about and I don't have any start and stop time info on my manage users page but it certainly sounds as thow you have found the underlining issue. I am not at all accustom to not being able to solve my own problems and having my hands so tied is driving me up a wall but I now have some hope what we will get this nailed down.

The type of info mining and trouble shooting your doing is right up my ally. I really wish I had a full slice to play with... I think i had better just get one for fun cause all the code snippets and tricks ppl toss around here looks like something I'd love getting all wrapped up in. If there were only a hack for adding hours to my day...

Thanks guys

Edit-
After adding all the accounts back in, I have now checked the Users Online list and a couple have logged back in, but i notice that the the First Logon and Last Logon info still shows times from hours or even days ago. One account still shows the user has logged on 150 times and his up/download numbers are obviously from the original account. Why wasn't that info lost when I deleted his account?

Last edited by BlackDog on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:18 am 

Your right, just checked my hotspot page out and you can't actually see that. We'll the link that Webtron shows sounds promising. The only problem I see is the section talking about chilli's ip, that might be an issue. I think if this is figured out the fix will be applied to everything and be a done deal and never have to worry about it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:36 pm 

Yeh the chilli IP could be a problem and the whole system would need to be set on 1 simultaneous login. I think for a quick fix that is obviously needed soon is a button to check the users acctstoptime in radacct for 0 time and just change it to the same as acctstarttime time. That would log the stale connections out and the account would work again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:24 pm 

You guys definitely own pretty hard I must say... A button the site owner could click to unlock the affected account would be a big help in the short term. As far a the mini-spots go I feel they need a more powerful "Manage User Accounts" section. I should be able to click the user name and see all the accounts info and attributes, and maybe even edit from there too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next